Projet Éole is a must-see in Gaspésie for travellers, it’s the highest vertical axis wind turbine in the world.
The new management team has made many improvements to the site in the recent years and will continue to develop constantly in the future, to offer tourists a memorable stay in a wind turbine themed retro-industrial immersion.
5 chemin du Cap, Cap-Chat (QC) G0J 1E0
Phone: 418 967-8812
- Visit the electric energy plant built in the 80s, shut down since 1993, the largest wind turbine of the time and to date the tallest vertical axis wind turbine in the world.
- Visitors can enter the generator and see all its remains in order to understand its unique design in the world.
- Information panels on the history of Éole, wind development and current industry facts as well as the presence of a guide to answer all your questions.
- A panoramic belvedere with a 360 view allows you to admire the picturesque landscape of Le Nordais wind farm (the first wind farm in Quebec) and the surrounding area (Cap-Chat, thesea and the Chic-Chocs mountains), as well as seeing the tower from closer.
- Parts of wind turbines to observe more closely are arranged on the site.
- Flowery paths and a permaculture garden to visit at the foot of Éole.
- A wind turbine-themed souvenir shop on site, with local Gaspésian crafts and products unique to Éole.
- Several dining areas, snacks and drinks are available.
- The site is open to dogs on a leash.
- Wi-Fi et bathrooms available for visitors.
Lenght of visit: from 1 to 2 hours
June 15 to October 1, daily, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.